WISE 2014 will explore ways to tap teachers' and learners’ potential for innovation and creativity. By supporting their self-confidence and ability to develop talents, think critically, and solve problems we empower learners to design imaginative solutions in their lives and communities.In order to study how to put creativity at the heart of education, discussions will revolve around three key questions:
How do we nurture creativity at all ages, particularly among the youngest?
How do we design an environment of engaging pedagogies where creative learning and innovative teaching can blossom?
How do we measure, assess and certify talents and skills in both formal and informal systems?
Key topics to be discussed and debated at the Summit include:
- Empowering teachers for creativity
- Exploring the learning experience through cognitive science
- Early Childhood Education
- Rethinking the role of play in education: Is play for all?
- Rebuilding learners’ motivation
- Low-cost private schools
- Personalized learning
- Redesigning assessment for creative teaching and learning
- Imagining new certifications for all talents and skills
- A key highlight of the Summit will be the announcement of the 2014 WISE Prize for Education Laureate. Now in its fourth year the WISE Prize for Education will be presented at the Summit to an individual or a team in recognition of an outstanding contribution to education.
The six 2014 WISE Awards winning projects will be celebrated at the Gala Dinner during the Summit. The Summit program will be updated regularly. Please revisit this page frequently.